10 Signs Your Office Tech Needs Upgraded
This past weekend we took the kids for a little mini-vacation to Branson, MO. Kids love indoor waterparks plain and simple so off we went for a quick trip for them to play and me to watch Branson Half-Ironman. Well, while driving through town we happened to drive by a store with the above sign. Yep, it wins our top spot in signs that you may need to upgrade the technology in your place of business. So without further adieu here are my top 10 ways to know that you need to upgrade:
NOTE: All these are real examples we have either talked to people about or witnessed ourselves just recently.
1) If your sign says there is an A: drive floppy error you may need to upgrade your signage
2) You still have a rotary phone on your desk (you know who you are)
3) You still use a yellow legal pad for your accounting and as your CRM system (this is honestly my favorite…)
4) Your office secretary still is required to use an At A Glance paper calendar to handle office scheduling for an office of 10
5) Your website was hand written in HTML in notepad and still auto-plays music
6) You still use MySpace and you are in marketing
7) Your BUSINESS email still ends in @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, @msn.com, or @anything that is not the domain name of your business
8) You still worry about a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
9) You have to find your copy of Frontpage 98 to update your website (ok this actually may be my favorite)
10) And finally… You still have a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitor that weighs more than you do
Feel free to post your own in the comments below.